Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shopping Success

Today we had orientation in the morning, then we went to the Albrook Mall and bought cell phones and groceries (yes, there is a grocery store at the mall). I now have a cell phone for local use. As much as I would love to call everyone, it's very expensive to make international calls (4 minutes for every 1) so it is mostly going to be employed as an alarm clock, a watch, and to communicate with other IP students. We didn't buy many groceries because we had to carry everything and in this first trip to the store we needed school supplies, laundry soap, paper towels; basics like that, and didn't have much room left for actual food. All and all it's been a good day. My spanish is sufficient to get us around, but I still definitely have a lot of work ahead of me to become fluent.

No comments:

Post a Comment