Saturday, November 13, 2010

SERIOUSLY PANAMA?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I get home at 2:00, want to crash into my bed and wake up tomorrow afternoon, but I can’t. There are several reasons for this, the primary one being that my entire house has visibly molded, including my pillow. I am typing this from my tent in my front yard. Oh yea, I don’t have internet either. Or gas. And Ciudad del Saber is likely going to file a complaint against our house for the whole tent in the front yard thing (they file complaints when we try to dry clothes outside). I get sporadic internet from the house across the street. I’m getting more than usual, considering I am in my front yard and therefore closer to the house across the street. Oh yea, it’s 4:06 am. On the bright side, I do have a machete in my tent with me. Pictures will come as soon as I have a decent enough internet connection (or my own internet connection) that I can upload them.
Update: Picture is up. I'm sure there will be more to come as I think we'll be in the tent for a while. I bought a blow up mattress for $10 today to toss in there. We're doing about 10 loads of laundry washing anything soft that will fit into a washer; pillows, sheets, clothes, hammocks, etc. so we'll at least be a little more comfy tonight than we were last night. Love you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. molded? Why? That is sooo gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were gone for 2 weeks. We have a inch and a half gap under our door because that little part on the bottom broke off (which we reported to be fixed). That let the moisture in, and the AC hasn't been on, and I guess that was just enough. The blue couch is white in places, my pillow is blue, the walls even have mold. I seriously don't know what they're going to do with the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren Pearce - you are a wild woman! Not sure which parent that comes from?! Looks like you are having lots of adventures....really enjoyed reading your blog. Have fun and stay safe - I know that your Mom is counting the days until you are home.
    Love,
    Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete