Sunday, November 14, 2010

Moldy House

This is NOT what you want to see when you get back to your house at 2:00 am after a 7 hour bus ride.
What we arrived home to. All the pillows, blanket, couches and soft surfaces looked about like this. Not cool.
 Carolyn and I in our tent. We set it up so our computer cords could reach all the way into the house to a plug. We were both laying in the tent on our computers. We got decent internet from our front yard, due to being closer to the house next door.
 Middle-of-the-night bleach run plus three amazing friends and two desperate roommates equals one shiny clean house. I called my mom and she told me to scrub the walls with bleach water, wash everything soft that would fit in the washer, and lysol all the soft things that wouldn't fit into the washer. We had already spent the entire day doing laundry, so we called a taxi and went to Rey at midnight to get bleach. We came back home and 3 friends (Left to right, Gracie, Caitlin, and Sara) came over for a cleaning party. We then spent the night over at the FYA (First Year Abroad) girls house, where there was an extra room. Carolyn and I squeezed into a twin bed for the night, and this morning when we went back to our house to get dressed, we could actually enter without feeling like we needed HEPA masks.

I am now sitting in my bed typing this, and I am not dead, thanks to the amazing people here.Quick thank you to those who helped clean, who let me sleep in their house, and who let me steal their internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment