Saturday, November 13, 2010

Misc Pictures From Cerro Punta and Vicinity

Just some random pictures. Most of these need explanation, which will be added over the next couple of days :)

So, Cerro Punta is in the mountains of Panama and is a bit cold. Carolyn apparently doesn't like the cold. Just like most of Panama is yet to learn of AC, they also haven't learned about central heat. Didn't bug me, but Carolyn froze the entire week.

Geese. Enough said.

Humming birds were like flies at this place, and they were a hazard. You would be walking and one would just randomly zoom 2 inches in front of your face. That said, they are impossible to get pictures of. They move way too stinken fast.

We toured a coffee estate. I stupidly didn't take any pictures of the coffee (it's not that exciting), but I did take a picture of these plants that were growing randomly at the estate. Oh, and I drank my first cup of coffee in a very long time. I still hate it.

Close up of the above flowers. They were very garnet and gold - FSU flowers!

Carolyn learning about horses. It was an adventure.

Me on Diego. He was a sweetie.

Diego again.

Carolyn with her horse. Don't know his name, but he was a good first horse for her.



So, most days it was raining. It's Panama. It rains like nobody's business here. BUT, I woke up one day and looked out my window to see this. Yes, this is the view looking straight out of my window at the place we were staying. Stinken gorgeous.
All that really exists in Cerro Punta is the farms. They are set on the slopes of the mountains, some of them at impossible angles. The women walking in the picture are most likely Ngobe Bugle.

This is me with Negro (inventive name, huh?) He was a good boy, but also the horse whose saddle broke, resulting in me falling. Fun day, but not a fun experience.

Negro in front of some cascading water. I'm holding his head up right here. He really wanted a snack and it was making this picture difficult.
The view from the bus stop in Cerro Punta. In the distance on the left there is a brown wood sign. That is the sign for the hotel where we stayed. This was taken when we were leaving to go back to the city :(

No comments:

Post a Comment